THE LOVE MACHINE

Friday, June 10, 2005

Maiden yearning for love...life is short

I woke up feeling irritated today. It has been like this for the past week or so. I don't know why. Is it because i have been smoking too much or the fact that my body is deterioting? I felt even more irritated after finding out from my mom, few minutes before meeting Edwin, that she had taken the car with "the kids" to my uncle's place. So, i end up running to NP, had a lightning speed lunch and "beam me up, scottie" to the library after a "Kungfu Hustle" smoke. Blood pressure shot up again when we found the video corner packed and had to watch separate shows cos only the individual stations were vacant. Here is the saviour of the day! AKIRA KUROSAWA's "IKIRU". Excellent film! The plot had been done many times and i have seen many version of it, but the storytelling by this film just get to me. I found myself tearing (not crying..ahem..) at the part when the protaganist started singing
"The gondola song" aka "ゴンドランの唄".
This film is highly recommended for those who can't find a motivation in life.

2 Comments:

  • Fucking excellent song. The lyrics! What's the title in the english subtitles again?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 AM  

  • In the show, the subtitle named the song "Life is brief". But actual song title is "the gondola song"

    By Blogger Yappu, at 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home